The Powertrax Lock-Right locker (part # 1821-LR) for the Ford 8.8″ axle (with any gear ratio, 3/4″ cross-shaft, and 31-spline shafts) is easily installed in existing case assemblies without any special tools or setup equipment. The Lock-Right locker has been extensively used in extreme off-road applications around the world demanding 100% traction output and high-strength. The Lock-Right locker eliminates wheel spin-up and therefore all associated driveline stress is eliminated, which in effect strengthens the differential case and other driveline components. Cases that are prone to failure with open or limited-slip differentials become one of the strongest links in the drive train when equipped with a Powertrax Lock-Right locker.
Powertrax 1821-LR is for use on 1987 and newer Ford 8.8″ axles with any gear ratio with 31-spline shafts and a 3/4-inch diameter cross-shaft
Advantages of a Lock-Right locker
- Positive Gear Action: No friction plates are used so there’s nothing to wear out.
- Automatic Operation: No need to engage or disengage the Lock-Right unit and it automatically operates in forward or reverse.
- Strong and Durable: Locks tight for use in the toughest situations.
- Easy Installation: Requires minimal tools and time for installation. You can install it at home.
- No Special Fluids: No special lubricants or adjustments required to operate the unit.
View the entire Powertrax Application Guide.